Our department is celebrating the 40th Linguistics Colloquium on Saturday, April 29th, and to commemorate this special year, we are doing a series of email Q&As with alumni and faculty to commemorate it.
Will you participate? If yes, please answer the following questions in the reply section of this post or email your response to sdsu.lsa [at] gmail.com. We plan on showing excerpts of the collected Q&As at the colloquium as a slideshow.
- What is your full name?
2. When did you graduate from the linguistics program? (Class of ___?)
3. Did you graduate with a degree in General or Applied Linguistics?
4. Where are you now and what do you do for a living?
5. Where has your degree taken you? I.e. What have you done since you obtained your linguistics degree?
6. What did you most like about studying linguistics? Share with us any fond memories you have from your time in the program.
7. Any words or encouragement / academic / career advice to current students in our department?
8. Will you email a photo of yourself? To: sdsu.lsa [at] gmail.com
9. And we plan on showing a slideshow of photos at the colloquium, so if you also have photos from your time at SDSU, please share along with photo captions so we can consider using them.
Thank you very much!
Public Relations Officer of Linguistics Student Association at SDSU (sdsu.lsa [at] gmail.com)
The Halloween Party is a chance for linguistics undergrads, grads, and faculty to get together, build relationships and share ideas in an informal context. An annual event put on by the Linguistics Student Association, this year’s party will feature clever costumes, plenty of snacks, games, and dancing. What else is there to say? It’s a party! Come, have fun, and bring your significant other or friend! – LSA
The first LSA meeting of the semester will be held September 18th in Storm Hall West 237 (the Linguistics Conference Room). You do not have to be a linguistics major to attend–all are welcome.
Agenda discussion points:
LSA officer proposals
LSA event proposals
The CSU Fullerton 24th Annual Linguistics Symposium is being held on March 23, 2015. The symposium will feature syntactician Andrew Carnie. If you would like to attend the Symposium, please email Taylor at email@example.com and we can try to arrange a carpool.
The LSA wants YOU to come celebrate the end of the school year in this three-part bash!!!!
Thursday, May 15th
6:30pm: Pizza at Sicilian Thing in North Park (4046 30th St, San Diego, 92104).
7:30pm: We will move a few doors down for Trivia at Redwings Bar and Grill- this is the day we win it all!!!!
10:00pm: Karaoke begins at Redwings…that’s right singing Linguists!!!
This is an open event to celebrate all you’ve accomplished this year, so feel free to bring your friends and come and go as you please!!
We hope to see all of you there!!!
Redwings is located at:
4012 30th Street
San Diego, CA 92104
For the list of presenters and a blurb about their topics, please click the Colloquia tab!
We would like to profile graduates and their accomplishments in our next newsletter. If you would like to be included, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Linguistics Graduation Ceremony
Storm Hall West 011
2014-2015 LSA Officer Elections are upon us! The following officers have taken office through acclamation:
Vice President: Marianna Bedoya
Secretary: Andrea Scalero
Treasurer: Natasha Undheim
Undergraduate Liaison: Justin Love
Programs Advocate: Lewis Vine
The position of the LSA President remains undecided so we need your vote to decide! Please follow the link to input your vote for the LSA President! The voting form will be closed on Friday, March 21, 2014 and the official officers will be announced on Monday, March 24, 2014.
Your LSA Officers